Determining whether young adults are eligible to participate in the NCWorks NextGen program involves multiple factors like age, school status, barriers to employment and income. For example, participants must be between the ages of 16 and 24, reside in Mecklenburg County, and have one or more of the following barriers:
- be a high-school dropout; and/or
- deficient in math and reading; and/or
- an English language-learner; and/or
- homeless, runaway or foster child; and/or
- aged out of the foster care system;
- pregnant or parenting; and/or
- an offender.
NextGen provides youth and young adults with specific services designed to prepare them for the workforce, and to find sustained employment success. Visit our youth and young adult services page for more information about the program.