11 Jul Program Coordinator position available
We’re seeking a full-time Program Coordinator with knowledge of program management and development procedures for a short-term, high impact project with the goal of better equipping job seekers with important soft skills needed in today’s workplace.
We’re taking the lead in implementing a statewide Working Smart curriculum to allow access to soft-skills training to an expanded number of job-seekers. The Program Coordinator will perform a variety of operational and program management tasks to assist in implementing the Working Smart program both locally and statewide.
Job Duties include:
- supporting, planning and coordinating Working Smart training opportunities throughout the state;
- working to identify new partner agencies to implement Working Smart trainings and to schedule training sessions;
- ensuring implementation of policies and practices;
- helping to build positive relationships with trainers and with external partners;
- maintaining budget and tracking expenditures and transactions;
- managing communications related to the project;
- scheduling and organizing related training, meetings and events;
- preparing paperwork and maintaining an updated database of contacts; and
- supporting growth and program development of the project.
- B.A. in Business, Psychology or a related field and two years of experience working with businesses and/or persons seeking career development services or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- three to five years’ experience in workshop design and facilitation; a minimum of three years’ experience as a program coordinator or a related position;
- prior involvement with Working Smart is strongly desired, including Working Smart class attendance as a student and/or trainer. Previous training experience is preferred, but not required;
- knowledge of budgeting and reporting;
- tech savvy, proficient in MS Office;
- ability to work with diverse and multi-disciplinary teams;
- excellent time-management and organizational skills;
- outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
- detail-oriented and efficient; and
- position requires access to a reliable car; involves travel both locally and statewide, as needed.
$45K with excellent benefits. Position is short-term with funding approximately through one year.
Charlotte Works is the workforce development board for Charlotte and Mecklenburg County and serves as a strategic partner to promote and facilitate effective relationships between local economic, educational and workforce partners to deliver high-quality opportunities for employers and job-seekers.
Send cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. Deadline: July 19, 2017, at 5 p.m. Consideration of applications will begin immediately. EOE