18 Jul Pardon our mess as we work to serve you better!
Starting in the next couple of weeks, you’ll begin to see some exciting changes and improvements being made at the Charlotte Main and Charlotte South offices of the N.C. Division of Workforce Solutions (DWS).
Some of the upgrades to our staffs and services will include:
- career coaches to provide one-on-one coaching,
- full-time resource associates to assist you in the resource centers,
- WIA (Workforce Investment Act) intake specialists and training coordinators to guide you through the funding application and training processes,
- Wi-Fi enabled computer stations in the resource centers and free Wi-Fi access for personal laptops and tablets,
- upfitted classrooms with state-of-the-art presentation equipment,
- new computer labs,
- new furniture and
- vibrant colors.
Why? Because we’re transforming all three* of our locations into certified NCWorks Career Centers as part of North Carolina’s implementation of Integrated Service Delivery (ISD) in its workforce system. The goal of ISD is to provide you with the best, most seamless and productive experience possible when you walk into any of our centers, whether you’re here to get help with your unemployment insurance benefits, take a workshop, meet an employer or learn more about WIA training opportunities.
(*The Employer Engagement Center on W. Morehead Street has already been certified.)
But while these changes are happening, things may get a little messy at the two DWS offices! We may have to temporarily relocate our resource centers and shift the waiting areas in the lobbies. You may see some dust and carpet remnants – but trust us, it’ll be worth it!
We wanted to let you know what’s happening, apologize in advance for any inconvenience our upfits may cause and let you know how excited we are to serve you better soon!
If you have questions about your new NCWorks Career Center, please ask us!
We look forward to seeing you soon!