18 Sep NCWorks Online: There’s an app for that!
NCWorks Online has gone mobile.
Job-seekers can now download an app to connect to job openings, training opportunities and community resources.
It’s available for free in both Apple’s AppStore and Google’s PlayStore for Android.
Features of the NCWorks Online app include:
- geo-targeting that displays available jobs based on the user’s current location;
- multiple methods to search for jobs or training programs including typing keywords or using a finger to “circle” an area on the map;
- sharing job postings through text message or social media;
- saving job postings;
- receiving job alerts through e-mail and text messages (data charges may apply); and
- searching for local NCWorks Career Centers and community resources.
Additionally, veteran job-seekers who log in using their NCWorks Online usernames and passwords can apply for jobs up to 24 hours before the positions are open to the general public and search for jobs by MOC (Military Occupation Classification) code.
The app includes both jobs submitted by employers through NCWorks Online and those pulled from other websites such as LinkedIn.
Watch a video about the NCWorks Online mobile app from the N.C. Division of Workforce Solutions.