Hopefully, we’ll see you at the Employer Engagement Center on West Morehead Street!
We’ve got all kinds of great workshops to help ramp up your job search for the fall:
This week: September 22 – 26
There are still seats left for sessions on On-The-Job Training grants, resume development and interview strategies, purposeful living, networking and more.
You can even learn basic computer skills (new!) or how to best use NCWorks Online.
Check out the schedule: 092214 Workshops.
Week of September 29: Join us for two great workshops that go great together!
Preparing for the Job Search
Losing your job can be overwhelming and stressful. We’ll help you cope with your job loss and figure out your next steps! Topics include:
- Dealing with feelings
- 20 actions to consider taking in your job search
- Networking: the most important action
- Identifying and presenting your competitive advantages
- How your time should be spent
This workshop will be held on Monday, September 29, from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Using Social Media for Your Job Search
Did you know 94 percent of recruiters use, or plan to use, social media for recruiting? But only 36 percent of job-seekers are active on LinkedIn, 40 percent are active on Twitter and 83 percent are active on Facebook. During this presentation, you’ll learn how to get started on Twitter and get an overview of the key job-search features that are available on Twitter and Facebook. This workshop can save you a significant amount of time over learning it on your own, and you’ll leave knowing how to fully leverage these sites for your job search.
We’ll see you on Tuesday, September 30, from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.!
Register for any of these workshops on the events calendar on NCWorks Online. If you’ve not yet registered on that site, you’ll need to do that first.
If you have registered, here’s how to reserve your seat at one of these sessions:
- Log in to your NCWorks.gov account
- Go to the MY CALENDAR WIDGET
- Click on the 2nd line of text under the calendar image: ___ UPCOMING EVENTS
- Click on SHOW FILTER CRITERIA. For LWIA/REGION select “Charlotte Works Work Force Development Board.” For OFFICE LOCATION select Charlotte/Mecklenburg Employer Engagement Center”
- Click on FILTER
- Choose your desired event and click on it. Confirm date & time and click on REGISTER at bottom of page