Are you Tweeting? Are you following Charlotte Works?
If not, you’re missing out on what we hope are some valuable resources for job-seekers, employers and self-described “policy wonks” alike!
Here are some of the articles we’ve Tweeted about recently; check them out, then follow us at @CharlotteWorks and join the conversation!
- “The Hot New Job Skill Is ‘Altrocentrism.’ Do You Have It?” asks .@businessweek: http://ow.ly/z80Kn
- Have you considered “The Tax Consequences of Losing Your Job?” .@FoxBusiness walks you through them at http://ow.ly/z8189“
- Dealing with rejection in your search? An .@heraldleader columnist offers tips at http://ow.ly/zYnNQ
- Forbes offers a simple technique to “un-blind” a blind job ad at http://ow.ly/zYoeK
- “Your Dream Job Doesn’t Exist Yet. Here’s How to Land It Anyway,” says .@mashable: http://ow.ly/zYqga
- The balance of power in the job market is shifting slowly toward employees from employers,” says .@Bloomberg http://ow.ly/AclNL
- Employers, “Attract More Talent With Video Job Ads,” says .@YahooFinance: http://ow.ly/yC8ot
- Employers, here are the trends affecting your org: demographics, education, technology, wages. Are you keeping up? http://ow.ly/yUWBR
- Employers, do you need some “Strategies to Attract Superpower Marketing Talent?” .@HarvardBiz has them: http://ow.ly/z7Y5K
About workforce development
- “Millennials vs. robots: Who will win the jobs?” .@msnmoney weighs in at http://ow.ly/z8262
- “Yellen Says Weak Job Market Shows U.S. Still Needs Stimulus,” says .@BloombergNews: http://ow.ly/zoHaX“
- “Jobless Claims in U.S. Have Dropped About as Much as They Can,” says .@Bloomberg: ow.ly/Ack8g What do you think?
- Interesting partnership example from Texas: workforce, community colleges, industry create standard skills statements http://ow.ly/zYlYb
- Gallup’s job creation index is improving “significantly better than at the same point in any year since 2010:” http://ow.ly/Acibj