Welcome to Charlotte Works and NCWorks Online: Serving you better
Whether you’re unemployed or under-employed, searching for a new job can be frustrating and overwhelming. You need all the resources you can get – and you need them free, fast and easy.
Charlotte Works is here to help. We provide job-seekers with a variety of no-cost resources including world-class workshops, networking opportunities, coaching and (depending on eligibility) training support to help you find your next career.
NCWorks Online is a robust new website launched by the state of North Carolina to better connect you to employers and their thousands of job listings across the state. By registering on NCWorks Online, you can:
- Access jobs posted directly by employers as well as those collected from major career sites such as CareerBuilder, Monster, LinkedIn and more – all aggregated in one place online so you no longer have to search multiple sites. NCWorks Online is free, so more employers will post more jobs.
- Apply to those jobs directly from NCWorks Online, using a resume and cover letter you create with the site’s easy-to-use tools (or upload your own).
- Help employers find you faster by being present on NCWorks Online. (Employers from across the country may look at NCWorks Online to assess available talent when considering whether to relocate to Charlotte; don’t miss your chance to let them know you’re here!)
- Create a “virtual recruiter” to search job postings and notify you when one matches your skills.
- Track your job-search activities.
- Research real-time labor market information such as salaries.
- Assess your job skills, research training providers, determine a training budget and create a training plan.
- Register for all of Charlotte Works’ workshops and events, including orientation, coaching sessions, fairs and more.
- Contact a member of our staff to learn about and determine if you’re eligible to receive an On-The-Job Training grant through your new employer or participate in classroom-based or other training programs to enhance your skills.
Charlotte Works requires all job-seekers to register on NCWorks Online to access our programs and services. Once you complete your profile there, you’ll be able to search and apply for jobs, review our events calendar and register and take full advantage of the power and convenience of NCWorks Online.
Watch a video to guide you through the registration process.
Download a Quick Reference Guide.
Download a Screen-Shot Guide to registering for events.
Watch a video to help build your resume on the site.
Watch a video to learn how to create a virtual recruiter alert.
If you’re new to Charlotte Works, your first step will be to schedule and attend an orientation at the NCWorks Career Center at 1401 W. Morehead St. (28208) or the NCWorks Career Center at 5601 Executive Center Dr. (28212). You must attend an orientation before you can register for our workshops.
If you have already registered with Charlotte Works, you’ll need to register again on NCWorks Online. All job-seekers are required to register on NCWorks Online to access our workshops and other services. We apologize for the inconvenience and encourage you to explore and use all the tools on this new site!