Losing your job can be often overwhelming and stressful. Our new workshop, Preparing for the Job Search, is designed to help you cope with your loss, regroup and figure out the next steps. Join us on Thursday, July 31, from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. We’ll help you avoid the common pitfalls on your resume, application and in your job interview which can prevent you from getting a new job.
If you’ve not yet registered on NCWorks Online, you’ll need to do that first.
If you have registered, follow these steps to reserve your seat at one of these sessions:
1. Log in to your NCWorks.gov account
2. Go to the MY CALENDAR WIDGET
3. Click on the 2nd line of text under the calendar image: ___ UPCOMING EVENTS
4. Click on SHOW FILTER CRITERIA. For LWIA/REGION select “Charlotte Works Work Force Development Board.” For OFFICE LOCATION select Charlotte/Mecklenburg Employer Engagement Center”
5. Click on FILTER
6. Choose your desired event and click on it. Confirm date & time and click on REGISTER at bottom of page
The Collision Repair Technology Program is currently enrolling students. For more information, please visit www.cpcc.edu/transport_systems.
Emergency Medical Services Training Courses Available! For more information regarding CPCC’s EMT and Paramedic programs visit www.cpcc.edu/emstraining.
BLET-Basic Law Enforcement Training Program, visit www.cpcc.edu/public_safety/blet today!
CPCC Information Session for NC Back-to-Work Grant:
The new NC Back-to-work program provides short-term job training & retraining, employability skills and industry recognized credentials to unemployed North Carolinians. If you are a North Carolina resident, have received unemployment for at least 26 weeks or have exhausted your unemployment benefits, you may qualify. Students receive free tuition, books & supplies, as well as assistance with job placement and resume writing. Course areas include Computer Training, Automotive, HVAC, Flexography, Construction & Welding. For additional information, visit http://www.cpcc.edu/changingcareers/backtowork. Available spaces are filling quickly!